Nature Publishing Group Language Editing
As Editor for NPG Language Editing, you will edit journal manuscripts, grant proposals and other technical texts and check editing carried out by other editors. You will use your knowledge of English language usage and grammar to make a difference to researchers around the world
You will have the opportunity to broaden your editing expertise by editing manuscripts on a range of scientific topics. In addition, you will support the successful day-to-day running of the NPG Language Editing service by meeting deadlines and by coordinating and helping train freelance editors.
This is the ideal role for a journal copy editor with excellent scientific editing skills who is looking for a new challenge and who is keen to help non-native English speakers to communicate their research more effectively.
This role is in the Editorial and Publishing department of the Nature Research division of Springer Nature. NPG Language Editing is editorially independent of Springer Nature journals.
- Editing manuscripts, grant proposals and other technical texts across a wide range of scientific topics
- Ensuring that the premium quality of the service is consistently maintained
- Ensuring that deadlines are met
- Training and coordinating freelance editors
- Providing support and cover for the Product Manager of the service
- Supporting the continued success and growth of the service
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree in a scientific discipline (essential)
- Significant experience of copy-editing scientific text
- A native English speaker
- Excellent editing skills
- Customer-focused approach
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of a global team
- Experience working in the STM publishing or scientific/medical communications industries
- Experience in copyediting journal articles for publication at a high-impact scientific journal
- A proven record of success in juggling multiple editorial projects simultaneously whilst maintaining high standards and meeting tight deadlines
- Familiarity with a broad range of science subjects
- Experience of recruiting and managing freelancers
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations