EASE offers the opportunity to stay abreast of trends in the rapidly changing environment of scientific publishing, whether traditional or electronic. As an EASE member, you can sharpen your editing, writing and thinking skills; broaden your outlook through encounters with people of different backgrounds and experience, or deepen your understanding of significant issues and specific working tools. Finally, in EASE we have fun and enjoy learning from each other while upholding the highest standards.
- A major conference held every two years, in different countries, with discounted rates for members.
- A complimentary quarterly journal, European Science Editing, featuring articles related to science and editing, book and web reviews, and resources. This is part of your membership package.
- Free advertising of your courses or editing services on the EASE website.
- 50% discount on job adverts on the EASE website for you or your employer.
- Free online access to the September 2013 edition of the Science Editors’ Handbook in pdf format. The handbook covers topics from on-screen editing to office management, peer review, and dealing with the media.
- Seminars and workshops on hot topics.
- An opportunity to share problems and solutions with kindred spirits via an online Forum and various social media groups.
Members of SfEP, SENSE and MET may join EASE at reduced rates.
See further information on joining EASE and sign up today!
EASE welcomes members from every corner of the world. They can be found in 50 countries – from Australia to Venezuela by way of China, Russia and many more.
EASE membership embraces many disciplines. Members work as: commissioning editors, academics, translators, publishers, indexers, statistical editors, science and technical writers, authors’ editors, journalists, corporate communicators, proofreaders and production personnel.