Welcome to EASE
The European Association of Science Editors (EASE) is an international community of editors from diverse backgrounds, linguistic traditions and professional experience who share an interest in science communication and editing. We welcome members from every corner of the world and have membership in every continent.
The EASE mission is to improve the global standard and quality of science editing by promoting the value of science editors and supporting professional development, research, and collaboration. The three strategic pillars around which we focus our activities are as follows:
- Improve global standards
- Provide expertise and endorsement
- Provide representation
- Provide participation and consultation
- Undertake research
- Share and promote research and good practice advice
- Raise the profile of science editors
- Participate in editorial and publishing initiatives
- Advocate on behalf of editors
- Promote skills and knowledge of EASE members
- Publish research and information on editing
- Support professional development
- Provide and share resources
- Provide networking and learning opportunities
- Provide skills and knowledge recognition for members
- Increase access to training
EASE works in collaboration with a variety of organizations around the world to develop and endorse guidelines and good practice.
History of EASE
EASE was formed in May 1982 at Pau, France, from the European Life Science Editors’ Association (ELSE) and the European Association of Earth Science Editors (Editerra). A brief history of EASE can be read HERE.